Autosamdri 931 critical point dryer
A fully automatic, digitally controlled critical point dryer with precision process control
The Autosamdri®-931 sets new standards for SEM critical point drying. Available in three chamber sizes it features intuitive touch screen control, allowing the user to enter preferred process recipes - or select from preinstalled factory defaults. Tousimis's Stasis software gives the operator complete range control - useful for more challenging specimens. There is a full range of specimen holders (see below), designed to meet most requirements and a choice of three chamber sizes to meet the needs of large or multiple sample processing.
The process chamber is under-lit and has purge stirring to ensure complete fluid interchange.
Download brochure here
Product video here
Autosamdri®-931 critical point dryer highlights
- Fully automatic
- Choice of three chamber sizes: 32mm, 63mm or 86mm ID
- Wide choice of sample holders
- Choice of factory default settings or create custom "recipes"
- Bright LCD touchscreen control
- Metering valves with vernier handles that include a slow fill for very delicate specimens
- Internal 0.5µm particle filtration - protects specimens and valves
- Rapid adiabatic chamber cooling (less than one minute for 31.76mm/1.25")
- Internal condensing muffler - captures and eliminates purge exhaust noise
- Top loading process chamber that is under light for easy viewing
- Non-mechanical purge stirring for complete purge
- 'Stasis" processing (patent pending) gives complete range control for thicker specimens
- Safe operation - fitted with rupture disk (activates @ 2000 psi) and pressure relief valve (activates @ 1250-1350 PSI)
- Modern cabinet with clean room static-free design
Autosamdri®-931 - three chamber size options
Autosamdri®-931 - 31.75mm/1.25" chamber (#8787A)
- Empty chamber and with optional 8762 12 compartment specimen holder loaded
Autosamdri®-931 - 63.5mm/2.5" chamber (#8787B)
- Empty chamber and with four (#8762) specimen holders
- Chamber with spacer. Reduces LCO2 use when small holder is used
Autosamdri®-931 - 86.36mm/3.4" chamber (#8787C)
- Empty chamber, large capacity holder, multiple holders, chamber insert
Critical point dryer specimen holders (for compete range: see ordering information below)
8761 TEM grid holder
8762 holder for 12 specimens
For 12 specimens, each compartment is 7.5mm in diameter and 6mm in height.
8763 holder for 24 specimens
For 24 specimens, each compartment is 4.5mm in diameter and 6mm in height.
8764 holder for four specimens
For up to four specimens at a time, each compartment measures 9mm diameter 16mm height.
Each compartment has alternative numbers stamped on it for easy specimen identification.
Mesh type: SS316 40 x 40
Opening size: 0.3mm
Approximate outer dimensions: 25.4mm Ø, 28.6mm H
8766 cover slip holder
Designed to hold and process up to ten 9mm to 13mm diameter glass cover slips.
Approximate outer dimmensions: 16mm Ø, 25.4mm H
78767 cover slip holder
Designed to hold and process up to ten 16mm to 22mm diameter glass cover slips.
Approximate outer dimmensions: 25.4mm Ø, 25.4mm H
Ordering information (click on image for larger view)
CPD specimen holder for 12 specimen in separate compartments; two layers of 6 compartments. Maximum specimen size is Ø7.5 x 6mm. Stainless steel screens in base holder, top holder and lid are 40 mesh with 300µm opening size. Top holder and lid are held down with knurl nut. Compatible with the standard Ø32 x 32mm CPD processing chamber. (each)
CPD holder for 24 specimens in separate compartments; two layers of 12 compartments. Maximum specimen size is Ø4.5 x 6mm. Stainless steel screens in base holder, top holder and lid are 40 mesh with 300µm opening size. Top holder and lid are held down with knurl nut. Compatible with the standard Ø32 x 32mm CPD processing chamber.
25mm/1inch large capacity CPD sample holder for standard 32mm CPD chambers (each)
51mm/2inch large capacity CPD specimen holder for the medium Ø64mm CPD process chamber. Maximum sample size is Ø50.8 x 17.8mm. Large capacity specimen holder size is Ø57.2 x 26.7mm with screw-on lid. Lid includes integrated handle. Stainless steel screens in base and lid are 40 mesh with 300µm opening size. (each)
Put us to the test
- cabinet: (W) 38.0cm x (H) 33.5cm x (D) 50.8cm
- system set-up area required: (W) 61cm x (D) 56cm
- chamber size (available in three sizes): 31.75mm ID x 31.75mm depth, 63.5mm ID x 63.5mm depth, 86.36 ID x 63.5mm depth
- pressure gauge range: 0- 2000 psi, temperature range -40°C to 60°C
- 230 V/50 Hz, 5A (other voltage units also available)
- resistive touchscreen VGA LCD