Calibration and reference standards for EDS, WDS, BSD, CL, Raman and micro XRF
EM-Tec CXS and RXS calibration and reference standards are compact and practical analytical standards designed for calibration, resolution testing and performance testing for EDS, WDS, BSD, CL and Raman. Each standard contains a selection of reference materials in the form of elements or compounds that are optimised for specific calibration tasks. All elements/compounds are mounted with highly conductive and vacuum compatible silver-filled epoxy. The mounts are finely polished to ensure that all the elements/compounds are in the same plane. Virtually all standards include a Faraday cup to enable electron probe measurements and monitoring.
They are available as compact Ø 12.7mm pin stubs and Ø25.4mm discs:
- Ø12.7mm standard aluminium pin stub with up to 10 elements/compounds.
- Ø25.4 mm AISI303 stainless steel block (9mm height) for larger numbers of elements/compounds. Compatible with metallographic mount holders, such as the EM-Tec M26 and EM-Tec top reference holders which can fit any brand and model of SEM.
Standards mounted on SEM pin stubs are directly compatible with FEI, Philips, Zeiss, LEO, Tescan, Phenom, Cambridge Instruments and CamScan SEMs. They can be used on JEOL and Hitachi SEMs with one of our EM-Tec SEM stub adaptors.
Calibration standards with non-conductive elements/compounds are carbon coated to ensure conductivity and to avoid charging.
EM-Tec calibration and reference standards are intended for calibration and testing of:
- SEM / EDS systems and/or SEM/WDS systems
- SEM back scattered electron detectors (BSD)
- SEM / GSR (gunshot residue) analysis
- SEM particle analysis systems
- SEM cathode-luminescence (CL) detectors
- SEM / Raman systems
- SEM / micro-XRF systems
- Micro-XRF systems
Please click on the thumbnail image for more details and larger images of each standard
Backscatter electron detector calibration
Metals reference set
Minerals reference set
Rare earth reference set
Peak deconvolution calibration
Raman mineral analysis calibration