Micro-Tec fine needle probes and probe holders
The Micro-Tec fine needle probes and needle probe holders offer a practical and affordable solution for probing, marking, scribing, picking, sorting and cleaning in microscopy, experimentation, research, sample preparation and assembly applications. There are two probe holders (handled) to chose from and four types of fine needle probes and two types of ultra-fine needle probes are offered to cover a wide range of applications. In addition these probes and holders are also available in convenient combination sets.
Micro-Tec PV1 and PV5 needle probe holders
There are two types Micro-Tec needle probe holders with precision steel collets to accommodate Micro-Tec needle probes:
- Micro-Tec PV1 standard brass needle probe holder comprising of a grooved brass body for improved grip and a tool steel collet for holding probes from 0.1 to 0.65mm diameter. The collet chuck is made from brass. They are 95mm long and have a body diameter of 5mm
- Micro-Tec PV5 long and sleek stainless steel probe holder for probes from 0.1 to 0.65mm diameter. The body, collet and collet chuck are all made from stainless steel. They are 152mm long and have a body diameter is 4mm. Intended for use with microscopes.
Micro-Tec fine and ultra-fine needle probes
- Stainless steel fine needle probes, straight and angled
- Black enamelled steel fine needle probes, straight
- Carbon tool steel fine needle probe, straight
- Ultra-fine tungsten probes, straight and angled
Micro-Tec stainless steel fine needle probes
Exhibit good corrosion resistance and can be used in aqueous solutions. They tend to be more flexible and are suitable for probing, sorting, cleaning and picking. These needle probes can bend up to 90° if needed. Available stainless steel needle probes are:
- Straight stainless steel sharp pointed fine needle probes with 0.25, 0.35, 0.45 and 0.55mm diameter, 35mm long
- Angled stainless steel sharp pointed fine needle probes with 0.25, 0.35, 0.45 and 0.55mm diameter, 35mm long
Micro-Tec black enamelled fine needle probes
Provide a better contrast against a light background or parts. They are flexible and suitable for probing, sorting, cleaning and picking. The probes can be bend to a slight angle. Available black enamelled needle probes are:
- Straight black enamelled steel sharp pointed fine needle probes with 0.25, 0.35, 0.45 and 0.55mm diameter, 35mm long.
Micro-Tec hardened carbon tool steel fine needle probes
More rigid and harder than stainless steel probes. They are useful for probing, marking, scribing and cleaning.
- Fine pointed straight hardened carbon tool steel needle probe with 0.40mm diameter, 28mm long. Nickel plated for improved corrosion resistance
Micro-Tec ultra-fine tungsten needles probes
With a 0.6µm tip radius they are useful for probing and manipulating samples under a microscope. The ultra-fine tungsten probe are hard, rigid and wear resistant.
- Ultra-fine straight tungsten needle probe with 0.52mm diameter and a 0.6µm tip radius, 25mm long
- Ultra-fine angled tungsten needle probe with 0.52mm diameter and a 0.6µm tip radius, 25mm long
All Micro-Tec needles probes can be used with either of the Micro-Tec needle probe holders, micro-manipulators, probe holders or precision pin vices compatible with 0.25-0.55mm probe diameters.
With their small diameters, the Micro-Tec probe holders are compatible with a variety of micromanipulators.
The available Micro-Tec probe sets are:
Micro-Tec PS1: Micro-Tec PV1 probe holder with two of each size of the straight stainless steel needle probes
Micro-Tec PS2: Micro-Tec PV1 probe holder with two of each size of the angled stainless steel needle probes
Micro-Tec PS3: Micro-Tec PV1 probe holder with two of each size of the straight black enamelled needle probes
Micro-Tec PS5: Micro-Tec PV1 probe holder with 10 each fine carbon tool steel needle probes
Micro-Tec PS8: Micro-Tec PV1 probe holder with ultra fine straight needle probe
Micro-Tec PS9: Micro-Tec PV1 probe holder with ultra fine angled needle probe
Ordering information (click on images for larger view)
Micro-Tec probe holders