PIE Scientific - technology-leading RF plasma etching/ashing/cleaning systems
Labtech is proud to partner US-based Plasma Ion Electron Scientific (PIE Scientific) in the UK and Ireland. The company was founded by alumni of the Plasma & Ion Source Group of the prestigious Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, working alongside experienced engineers from the semiconductor and electron microscope manufacturing industries.
At the heart of the PIE Scientific range are innovative, technology-leading plasma cleaning systems. There are two product groups. The "KLEEN" range are compact, column-mounted RF plasma cleaners designed for use with SEM, FIB/SEM, FIB, XPS,SIMS, AES. Tergeo are class-leading, bench top RF plasma cleaners designed for a wide range of plasma etching, ashing and cleaning applications.
KLEEN series: compact, smart chamber-mounted downstream RF plasma cleaners
- EM-KLEEN. A column-mounted downstream plasma cleaner for SEM, FIB/SEM, FIB, XPS, SIMS, AES etc
- SEMI-KLEEN Quartz. A column-mounted downstream plasma cleaner for contamination removal in semiconductor instrumentation
- SEMI-KLEEN sapphire. A column-mounted downstream plasma cleaner optimised for aggressive and corrosive gases
- Multi-purpose plasma cleaner. A unique and flexible solution for plasma cleaning and storage
Tergeo series: bench top RF plasma systems
- Tergeo-EM. A bench top RF plasma cleaner for SEM and TEM specimen/holder cleaning and for the highly controlled hydrophobic/hydrophilic treatment of TEM specimen grids. Includes direct (immersion) and downstream cleaning modes
- Tergeo. A bench top RF plasma etcher/asher/cleaner for research and low volume production (110mm Ø chamber)
- Tergeo-Plus. A large chamber version of the Tergeo (160mm Ø chamber)
To learn more about the principles behind RF plasma cleaning for SEM, TEM and FIB specimens, holders and chambers see: EM cleaning