Tissue-Tek OCT compound, 125ml bottle
Tissue-Tek® OCT cryo embedding compound (compound 4583) is a water soluble blend of PVA, glycols and resins that provides a stable matrix around specimens for cryostat tissue sectioning at temperatures of -10C and below. Tissue-Tek is a gel at room temperature but is solidified at -10°C and below. It can be easily removed with water and/or alcohol at room temperatures. Although originally developed and optimised for cryostat sectioning in pathology laboratories, Tissue-Tek OCT embedding compound is also an excellent mounting medium for use with cryo-SEM, cryo-FIB/SEM and other cold stages (e.g. from Quorum, Leica, Gatan). Tissue-Tek OCT compound is a non-conductive material by nature, but conductivity can be introduced by mixing it with carbon powder or colloidal graphite for cryo-SEM applications.
Features and benefits of Tissue-Tek OCT embedding compound are:
- Water soluable blend of glycols and resins give a stable embedding matrix
- Superior section quality at cryostat temperatures from -10°C to -40°C
- Highly soluable in water, alcohol and formalin
- Good sectioning properties with disposable cryostat blades and solid knives
- Does not leave residues on slides during staining procedures, eliminating undesirable background staining
- Tissue, mounted in OCT compound can be frozen between -10°C and -80°C
- An ideal mounting medium for cryo-SEM, cryo-FIB/SEM and other cold stages
Safety data sheet: SDS
Normally available from stock for immediate delivery to UK and Ireland customers.