Tousimis critical point dryers
Tousimis critical point dryers for SEM, gels and MEMS
Critical point drying (sometimes referred to as supercritical drying)) was introduced in 1951 by T.F. Anderson to preserve biological specimens for TEM and later it became established as the method of choice for obtaining dry specimens for SEM examination. Today critical point drying still remains one of the best routine methods for preparing specimens prior to examination in an SEM. Tousimis were one of the first companies to introduce a commercially available critical point drying instrument over 45 years ago.
Labtech offer the comprehensive range of Tousimis critical point dryers, with manual, semi-automatic and fully automatic versions to suit varying applications and budgets. To ensure a flexible approach to specimen processing a range of standard and optional specimen holders is available. Industry standard Autosamdri® critical point dryers include many unique features, including patent-pending “Stasis” processing software which ensures optimum critical point drying processes for all specimens.
There are five critical point dryer models to choose from:
- Samdri® PVT-3D manual critical point dryer
- Samdri®-795 semi-automatic critical point dryer
- Autosamdri®-815, Series A fully automatic critical point dryer
- Autosamdri®-815B, Series A large capacity fully automatic critical point dryer
- Autosamdri®-931, fully automatic critical point dryer with STASIS mode processing