C-flat TEM carbon support films
C-flat™ are a premier ultra-flat holey carbon support film perfectly suited for cryo-EM and cryo-electron tomography. C-flat™ have a perforated carbon support film with pre-defined hole size, shape and arrangement.
Unlike other holey carbon support films C-flat™ are manufactured without the use of plastics or other residues. C-flat™ are ready to use with no additional cleaning or handling steps. C-flat™ are manufactured under clean room conditions and 100% inspected before packaging. The superior quality of the holey carbon film and regular pattern of holes facilitates the use of automation in TEM.
C-flat™ are available in a variety of hole patterns, mesh sizes, mesh materials, so there is always a C-flat™ product optimized for your needs. Gold grids are preferred for growing cells when the toxicity of copper must be avoided. These are ideal for cryo-FIB and cryo tomography applications.
C-flat™ are available in 54 configurations:
- different carbon patterns
- 200, 300 and 400 grid mesh
- copper and gold grid material
- carbon thickness 20 nm
Download a copy of the selection guide here.
- The importance of carbon film thickness. Click here.
- An interesting paper on the measurement of ice thickness on vitreous ice. Click here.
- To see a bibliography of published references using C-flat™ click here
- Read about the develoment of C-flats: An Improved Holey Carbon Film for Cryo-Electron Microscopy
As with any carbon support film plasma treatment may be required to make the surface more hydrophilic. For this we recommend the PIE Scientific Tergeo-EM which ensures gentle, effective processing. Please see: Tergeo-EM
15% discount off web prices on current UK stock. Please call us or request a quotation for the number of packs you require