C-flat TEM carbon support films
C-flat™ are a premier ultra-flat holey carbon support film perfectly suited for cryo-EM and cryo-electron tomography. C-flat™ have a perforated carbon support film with pre-defined hole size, shape and arrangement.
Unlike other holey carbon support films C-flat™ are manufactured without the use of plastics or other residues. C-flat™ are ready to use with no additional cleaning or handling steps. C-flat™ are manufactured under clean room conditions and 100% inspected before packaging. The superior quality of the holey carbon film and regular pattern of holes facilitates the use of automation in TEM.
C-flat™ are available in a variety of hole patterns, mesh sizes, mesh materials, and thick or thin carbon, so there is always a C-flat™ product optimized for your needs. Gold grids are preferred for growing cells when the toxicity of copper must be avoided. These are ideal for cryo-FIB and cryo tomography applications.
C-flat™ are available in 54 configurations:
- six different carbon patterns
- 200, 300 and 400 grid mesh
- copper and gold grid material
- two different carbon thicknesses: 20 and 40 nm
Download a copy of the selection guide here.
- The importance of carbon film thickness. Click here.
- An interesting paper on the measurement of ice thickness on vitreous ice. Click here.
- To see a bibliography of published references using C-flat™ click here
- Read about the develoment of C-flats: An Improved Holey Carbon Film for Cryo-Electron Microscopy
As with any carbon support film plasma treatment may be required to make the surface more hydrophilic. For this we recommend the PIE Scientific Tergeo-EM which ensures gentle, effective processing. Please see: Tergeo-EM
Multi pack discounts for 2 or more packs. Please call us or request a quotation for the number of packs you require
We endeavour to hold stock of popular sizes in the UK for quick delivery. Other sizes are available within approximately four weeks from order.