Conductive and non-conductive adhesives
Conductive paints and adhesive tapes are indispensable for specimen preparation and mounting for SEM and FIB applications. They provide a very convenient means of quick sample mounting while giving the conductivity needed for SEM and FIB applications.
Conductive adhesives include:
- Specially formulated conductive paints and cements
- Double sided carbon tapes for mounting specimens
- Conductive metal tapes for making grounding paths
Non-conductive adhesives are useful for sample preparation in vacuum systems and for applications where conductivity is not required.
Non-conductive adhesives include:
- UHV compatible single and double sided Kapton tapes
- HV compatible single sided PET mylar tapes
- Double sided adhesive SEM tabs